I love arguing.
I think I have a reserved part of me that is very afraid of being judged or hurt, and then I have this part that is just like ‘I will tell you what I think and if you disagree with it I will make a skin suit of you.’ But I think there is also a time when you need to let go of an argument and here are a couple of signs that I think indicate this.
- When an argument is more harm than good. If an argument is really upsetting you, or creating a great deal of tension between you and someone you care about, then it is time to stop arguing.
- When your friends are having to drag you away kicking and screaming because they know you are a weakling and cannot escape with three people pulling you away from an arrogant fifteen year old with a power complex the size of a small country. (this may be personal)
- When you yell out ‘YOU CAN’T JUST EQUATE CANNIBALISM TO HOMOSEXUALITY’ at ten thirty on a Friday in front of aforementioned power complexed fifteen year old. (once again, rough day)
- When there is no point. When no one is changing their mind and everyone had exhausted there arguments to the point of no return.
- When you genuinely could not care less anymore.
(I’m just kidding about the skin suit by the way.)